Passion Play Erl 2025
The Passion Play of Erl in Tyrol (Austria)is the oldest Passion Play in the German speaking countries. Documents prove that already in 1613 pilgrims on their way to Altötting made a stop in Erl to see a passion play.
Again in 2025, 600 out of the 1,450 inhabitants from Erl will be on stage to illustrate the life, death, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Of course actors, choir, and orchestra will be live on stage. Last production was in 2019 when Erl celebrated the 400th jubilee of the passion play tradition. The Erl Passion Play Theater has seats for 1,500 visitors.
- 32 performances, Saturday and Sunday afternoons, May thru October 2025
- Holy Mass in the Passion Play Theater on Sunday morning
- Three hours playing time
- Live choir and orchestra
- English text books and English scene explanations provided
- Combine your visit of Erl with any tour in Germany and neighboring countries.
We'll hand craft an itinerary for your group tour and provide all services.
- We can get any hotel and ticket category for you (as long as it is not sold out...)
- Contact us for details and plans.